Monday, July 16, 2012

Why I Started this Blog

First, I'll provide a little background information.  Besides my family (immediate, extended and dogs), I am most passionate about public education.  Those who know me have most certainly endured a conversation or two that either went on way too long or never should have started in the first place!  
I was educated in Philadelphia Public Schools and am now guiding my two boys through their own Pittsburgh Public School experiences.  This has proven to be a most challenging job, in the midst of monumental education reform coupled with a financial crisis, and one I haven't taken lightly.  

My experiences of the last 5 years; as a parent, advocate, activist, and volunteer, nourished my desire to gather knowledge and use my voice to shape the future of public education in the US.  

This blog then, is a way for me to share the information I gather daily (from wonderful education bloggers, writers and researchers) and hopefully spark mindful discussion for its readers.  

Thanks for reading! Pamela

2 comments:

  1. Educating children is a very passionate business indeed. It will be very enlightening to hear the viewpoints of others as we all engage around the various topics you bring to the table surround education.

    Christine Buffington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Mindful comments appreciated.